Fur boots are really nice and trendy, right? Well yes, but only until you have to clean them. Due to their porous outside, we can certainly say that they gather dirt really quick and it is really difficult to get rid of it. Nude fur boots are probably the most sensitive in this regard and you are probably wondering how to clean fur boots in order to keep their look fresh. There are a few methods, but which one is indicated for you depends on how fluffy they are.
How to clean fur boots and make them look like new
Since we already said that the cleaning method should depend in how fluffy the boots are maybe we should start with the more fluffy ones.
Well, the first rule is not to wear them in a damp environment. This kind of environment favorites the gathering of the dirt on the boots. For the actual cleaning process you can use a spray for cleaning suede shoes and a sponge. A wet towel might also work. But do not use a very strong detergent when cleaning. This rule you should apply no matter the color of the boots.
As a general rule, you should always read the label. You will find there not only information about the origin of the product, but also information about the cleaning procedures. No matter what kind of fur boots you have, it is forbidden to use the washing machine to clean them.
It is important to clean the boots on the outside, but cleaning them on the inside is just as important. Luckily, there are all sorts of spays that you can use, easily available in the stores.
On the internet you can find plenty of advice regarding the cleaning of the fur boots with homemade products. These methods can be simple to use and also cheaper, but you don’t always have the guarantee that they work. Products available in the store and cleaning products mentioned on the label are the way to go.
There are some things that you need to consider when you want to clean your fur boots:
- use a wash cloth for cleaning, especially the inside, since the material is quite sensible
- never, ever put on the washing machine, it’s going to be a mess
- if you want to clean them thoroughly, you can always use an old toothbrush and a bit of soap to remove the dirt from the inside
- Rinse the cloth that you are using to clean the fur with water until it’s clear to remove any soap from remaining inside the shoe.
- When you are drying your shoe, let them dry somewhere without a lot of humidity overnight or use a hairdryer, if you don’t really have a lot of time. Be careful not to keep the hairdryer on the same spot for to long, it’s easy to deteriorate that fur.
Cleaning your shoes is just as important as cleaning your clothes. Make sure you are using the right products. This is the only way you can keep your shoes clean and in a great shape.